Tuesday, May 11, 2010

After Prom Party 5-08-10



After shooting the actual prom, I headed out to Arundel Mills Mall to cover the after-prom party being held at Dave & Busters. I only shot for about 45 minutes, as 2am was fast approaching, and I had a busy Sunday ahead of me the next morning. Under different circumstances, I do wish I could have stayed a bit longer and worked the scene a bit more. Nevertheless, it was definitely a unique opportunity in a very cool location. Everything was shot with either a 35mm 1.8 or a 50mm 1.8 wide open @ 6400iso.

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff. Enjoyable post.

    Frame 9 almost looks vignetted. I assume, it's from the shape of the light above the pool table, but it's pretty cool.

    I really like 13, and 15 is pretty crazy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man! I enjoyed the simpleness of using the primes. That place is a sensory overload, so i wanted to try and capture that as much as I could.

    Frame #9 is basically SOOC. I'm using the nikon 35mm 1.8. It's actually a DX lens, but it actually works quite well on a FF body. The "side effect" is that it has a natural vignette to it, which increases the the more you stop it down and the closer to infinity you focus. However, as long as you stay wide open and in close, it has a very natural look to it. I'm really liking this little lens. Best of all, its under $200!!

    ReplyDelete